ASEAS(UK) Research Impact Awards 2019-20
The Research Impact Awards are awarded annually to members of ASEAS(UK) to support research and impact activities in Southeast Asian Studies.
2019-20 RIA Recipients
Postgraduate: Joseph Buckley (SOAS) and Elliot Newbold (University of Nottingham)
Early Career: Charlie Rumsby (Coventry University)
End of project reports from each of the grant recipients will be posted here in early 2020.
ASEAS(UK) Research Impact Awards 2020-21
Details of the next round of awards will be posted here in early 2020.
The grants may cover activities including:
- fieldwork in Southeast Asia or key sites in the diaspora;
- research visits to important regional archives, museums, collections, exhibitions or performances (concerning but not necessarily located in Southeast Asia);
- a visit for collaborative writing or artistic practice with an academic or practitioner colleague from another institution in Southeast Asia;
- delivery of a paper at a regional academic conference;
- delivery of a paper to an academic or practitioner audience based on research previously conducted on/in the region.
For more information on the awards please contact Kimberley Weir, ASEAS(UK) Secretary, on firstname.lastname@example.org.