ASEAS(UK) Research Impact Awards 2019-20
The Research Impact Awards are awarded annually to members of ASEAS(UK) to support research and impact activities in Southeast Asian Studies.
Key features of the awards:
- available for travel and related expenses for activities taking place between 1 August 2019 and 31 July 2020;
- open to all members of ASEAS(UK), based in the UK or elsewhere.
The grants may cover activities including:
- fieldwork in Southeast Asia or key sites in the diaspora;
- research visits to important regional archives, museums, collections, exhibitions or performances (concerning but not necessarily located in Southeast Asia);
- a visit for collaborative writing or artistic practice with an academic or practitioner colleague from another institution in Southeast Asia;
- delivery of a paper at a regional academic conference;
- delivery of a paper to an academic or practitioner audience based on research previously conducted on/in the region.
- Two Postgraduate Bursaries (PhD, MPhil or MRes students), up to £1000 each
- One Early Career Award, up to £1500
Application deadline: 24 May 2019. Decisions will be made by the ASEAS(UK) Research Committee by 5 July 2019.
For more information on the awards and to request an application form please contact Kimberley Weir, ASEAS(UK) Secretary, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state which award is being applied for.
The application form and supporting documents (including references) must be submitted to Kimberley Weir on email@example.com before 24 May 2019.