The Research Impact Awards are awarded annually to members of ASEAS(UK) to support research and impact activities in Southeast Asian Studies.
Applications for the next round will open on 3 October 2022 – watch this space!
The grants may cover activities including:
- fieldwork in Southeast Asia or key sites in the diaspora;
- research visits to important regional archives, museums, collections, exhibitions or performances (concerning but not necessarily located in Southeast Asia);
- a visit for collaborative writing or artistic practice with an academic or practitioner colleague from another institution in Southeast Asia;
- delivery of a paper at a regional academic conference;
- delivery of a paper to an academic or practitioner audience based on research previously conducted on/in the region.
ASEAS(UK) Research Impact Awards 2022-23
Applications for this year’s Research Impact Award will open here on 3 October 2022. For the first time the Research Impact Award and Digital Impact Award will be combined so applicants may apply for either award, with the strongest application receiving either the Research Impact or Digital Impact Award.
ASEAS(UK) Research Impact Awards 2020-22
The 2020-21 and 2021-22 award rounds were postponed due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on travel.
ASEAS(UK) Research Impact Awards 2019-20
2019-20 RIA Recipients
Postgraduate: Joseph Buckley (SOAS) and Elliot Newbold (University of Nottingham)
Early Career: Charlie Rumsby (Coventry University)
For more information on the awards please contact Kimberley Weir, ASEAS(UK) Secretary, on email@example.com.