New for 2020, ASEAS(UK) is delighted to announce the launch of our Online Event Series, a programme of webinars bringing together the latest research and debates within Southeast Asian Studies.
Southeast Asian National Responses to Covid-19
2 July 2020 – 10am BST [5pm Manila / Singapore / KL; 4pm Bangkok]
How have Southeast Asian countries responded to Covid-19? What might other countries learn from the experiences of Southeast Asian countries? Join us for a cross-national panel discussion of national responses and societal implications to the pandemic with scholars and experts from across Southeast Asia hosted by ASEAS(UK). This hour-long session will explore the politics, cultural responses and distributional impacts of Covid-19 in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines. The discussion will include moderated Q&A.
– Marites Vitug, Author and Editor at Large, Rappler
– Dr. Prapaporn Tivayanond Mongkhonvanit, Dean, School of Global Studies, Thammasat University
– Kirsten Han, Journalist and Curator, ‘We, The Citizens’ newsletter
– Tricia Yeoh, PhD Candidate, U. of Nottingham-Malaysia, Fellow at IDEAS Malaysia
– Dr. Pon Souvannaseng, ASEAS(UK) Executive Committee Member & Reviews Editor
Register to attend here