ASEAS(UK) are proud to present the first webinar in our Online Event Series, an online panel discussion on Southeast Asian National Responses to Covid-19.
First Broadcast 2 July 2020.
How have Southeast Asian countries responded to Covid-19? What might other countries learn from the experiences of Southeast Asian countries? Join us for a cross-national panel discussion of national responses and societal implications to the pandemic with scholars and experts from across Southeast Asia hosted by ASEAS(UK). This hour-long session will explore the politics, cultural responses and distributional impacts of Covid-19 in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines. The discussion will include moderated Q&A.
– Marites Vitug, Author and Editor at Large, Rappler
– Dr. Prapaporn Tivayanond Mongkhonvanit, Dean, School of Global Studies, Thammasat University
– Kirsten Han, Journalist and Curator, ‘We, The Citizens’ newsletter
– Tricia Yeoh, PhD Candidate, U. of Nottingham-Malaysia, Fellow at IDEAS Malaysia
– Dr. Pon Souvannaseng, ASEAS(UK) Executive Committee Member & Reviews Editor